DUCT TAPE!!!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mapster

One time the mythbusters made a duct tape cannon. They layered the duct tape until it was 1" thick. It can be done, I thought of doing it once.

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Might have trouble with the heat melting the duct tape during curing. I've got some resin savers, if I have time tonight I'll try and cast a few for you guys.

turbowagon

Even if the resin doesn't work, why not just wrap duct tape around the tubes to match the bushing diameter? No need to turn. Would make a quick and easy slimline for sure!

I will try tonight as well.

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Attempt #1 appears to be a failure. As I figured, the resin appears to have melted the duct tape. The pr hasn't even set up yet. Noticed within about 5 minutes that the duct tape started to ravel up pretty good.

Attempt #1 I wrapped the tape around a sierra tube. Didn't add a sealer to the blank. Might have been the mistake. Put it in the mold and added PR. Gotta head to work now. I'll attempt another one late tonight.

Grizz

Banned
Attempt #1 appears to be a failure. As I figured, the resin appears to have melted the duct tape. The pr hasn't even set up yet. Noticed within about 5 minutes that the duct tape started to ravel up pretty good.

Attempt #1 I wrapped the tape around a sierra tube. Didn't add a sealer to the blank. Might have been the mistake. Put it in the mold and added PR. Gotta head to work now. I'll attempt another one late tonight.

Try putting CA on first? Maybe that would stop the PR from getting to the tape.

Seer

I know a guy at Rocklers who made a duct tape pen, he figured it was ugly so know one would steal it then and he was right lol.

toddlajoie

If you want to keep playing, take a look into Gaffer's tape. It's like duct tape, but more of a cloth or fabric base rather than a string reinforced plastic base.

I have buckets of it in black and gray, but no way of casting it at all. May try the tube wrapping method, maybe stop a bit short of the bushings and build up a CA finish, if I have enough time and CA to spare... Without any finish, either of the tapes will eventually start to unravel, duct tape is very prone to the tape separating from the adhesive over time, and gaffer's tape is not moisture resistant, so humidity will sink in.

Top Bottom