Drum roll please: Huanghuali Emperor

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from OKLAHOMAN

OKLAHOMAN

From one of the so called class "C" blanks that David from Rarest Woods was selling a couple of weeks ago. Turned like butter, smelled like perfume and took a finish like acrylic. All comments welcome.
1_IMG_1166-1__Large_.jpg
1_IMG_1169-1__Large_.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rarest wood

Can I have it back now?:biggrin:
there is still some "A"s for sale in the individuel listings
You turned a beautiful pen Oklahoma! the hardware seems very fitting indeed, Very acceptable spitzenclasse!!!!!!!

OKLAHOMAN

Todd, it's for inventory, you'd be amazed at how a pen with very exotic wood, scrim, or just priced high $400.00 and above will sell $150.00 to $250.00 pens.
Sure is purty.

Got a customer itchen to take it off yer hands, or is that just for inventory?

Dave, sure you can have it back:wink: How many "A" blanks?:biggrin::rolleyes:!
Can I have it back now?:biggrin:
there is still some "A"s for sale in the individuel listings
You turned a beautiful pen Oklahoma! the hardware seems very fitting indeed, Very acceptable spitzenclasse!!!!!!!

altaciii

very, very nice. I've had an emperor sitting in my shop cabinet for about 10 months now, just waiting for the right wood to put to it. That pen is gorgeous. Looks like I now have to look at rarest woods and see what I can see.

marcruby

I've got a piece that Dave gave me with some Jichimu I ordered that was just big enough for a baron. And maybe a finial. It really does work and finish well. I think the C grade wood may be more interesting than the 'A' grade which your pen proves beautifully.

Marc

Daniel

Great Pen Roy, and Encourages my choice in selecting an A grade blank for my LE Emperor. Sort of sets me at ease just a bit. Now if I was one your side of turning it. I'm not to worried but all the same I will feel better when it is said and done.
On another note. care to take a shot at valuing that pen of yours? I don't even know where to start.

Last edited:
Top Bottom