Drilling Clean Holes in Sheet Metal for Segmenting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leehljp

Member Liaison
I ran across a neat way to drill clean holes in sheet metal - for those who make their own metal segmenting rings. I have my way but it is far more work than this method and not as good either:

This link is about 20 minutes but the actual tip starts at the 6 minute mark. The whole video is good.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

egnald

Pretty cool tip. I don't need to do this very often, but I'm sure I will remember this suggestion the next time I do. - Thanks for posting the link. - Dave

jttheclockman

I ran across a neat way to drill clean holes in sheet metal - for those who make their on metal segmenting rings. I have my way but it is far more work than this method and not as good either:

This link is about 20 minutes but the actual tip starts at the 6 minute mark. The whole video is good.
This has been around for awhile and there are a couple people who did videos. It does work but a word of caution and that would be I still would not hold that piece in my hands. Accidents happen in the shop so fast. I both clamp my scrap board and also the metal. By the way that method will work for thin plastics as well.

Top Bottom