Attachments

• drill_storage.jpg
    drill_storage.jpg
    353.5 KB · Views: 1,373
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mortalis

Heh!
$10
I cant make it for that cheap (including my time). The only consideration would be my time is free for a home project like that.
I was thinking of drilling a 2 x 4 cutoff with holes the sizes of the drills and then have that stand on my work surface by my lathe. But your solution is a bit more elegant.
Good find!

Turned Around

I use a double tier test tube rack i got a while back. I put the bits in sone hard plastic tubes that fit in the rack perfectly, and lebeled the tubes for a quick reference.

LeeR

I hated the metal box my drill bits were in, but liked the little racks. I was always flipping up racks seeing which one held the bit I needed.

I made this out of MDF. I'll confess I did not come up with this idea on my own. I did see a similar tote in a woodworking magazine awhile back.

The tote has 3 racks on each side -- fractional on one side, letter drills on the other.

Attachments

• drill-tote-1.jpg
    drill-tote-1.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 3,596

TDE

Lee, I like that idea. Sounds like a good project for today. Perry, That display is really cool. I looked at it and thought ,wow I cant even see the legs. Great idea with the slims. Classy looking and not to hard to
make. I may have to copy that. Looks too good to put bits in. Thanks, Ted:)

Fay Prozora

Those are all nice ideas. I use the left over test tubes that my scroll saw blades are in. I have a total of over 60 and I don't need that many for the few scroll saw blades that I use. Lots of good ideas and I think that tapping stuff would fit in some thing like that too and marked so we know what size they are... Fay

Top Bottom