Drill Bits - Pilot tip

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenPal

Here is the info on the 7mm DeWalt Extreme 2 Drill Point Drill.

DT5050 HSS-G No 7mm DIN 338 Total length 66mm Flutes overall length is 109mm.

DT5050-QZ 476051- 17, Bar code 035048034927 .Made in the USA.

Now unavailable in Australia except in some sets. Be careful idly sliding the flutes in the hand you will suffer cut fingers. DeWalt here say they have moved on to other newer designs I have had several hundred blanks drilled with one drill over and over without drills wandering and free from breakout.On many occassions I have drilled one or two hundred blanks at a time leaving the drill running because Electric motors are only designed to make so many stops, starts consecutively, each motor is classified with a marking system, so many Taiwanese and Chinese mainland machines have both inferior motors and bearings, first thing I do is replace both, you get what you pay for. I have in the past given away so many and without exception these drills have given total satisfaction, an added bonus the shaft is hex cut virtually eliminating drill chuck slip. I drill fairly fast have never changed the speed ever using them. The only time I embarrassed myself demonstrating drilling on a lathe at a Working With Wood Show using an unfamiliar variable speed control with reverse the unit was in reverse on start up. These things happen. It wont cut in reverse.

I have no connection with DeWalt or any manufacturer of drills but hasten to say even if you discard drills frequently with other makes calculate the cost per pen add accuracy of cut and reliability it only can cost a minimal amount per pen. I have heard so much waffle about drill quality, accurate sizing, prove this as I do when I buy drills needed for accurate sizing I measure each drill I buy and bag and label them with self sealing bags.

I remember suffering here for many years prior and after decimalisation here in 1966 with currency imperial bearings assumed a premium price, decimal sized bearings also assumed a scarce tag and price, now imperial sizes cost so much more even though in America you have not made that change and metric drills are not as easy to find as here even though they are often manufactured in the USA.

Have success in purchasing the drills of your choice, check quality and try only to buy quality drills from reputable people on recommendation and sales with service support.

DEWalt also make 10 mm Extreme 2 Drills.

KInd regards Peter.

thostorey

Qualicum Beach, British Columbia, Canada.
Hey Mack C, No bullet/pilot point drill bits on that site of any diameter that I can see. However, being Canadian,I may not see what y'all do?
Thumbs down on the US/Canadian pen part distributors for not stocking items in demand by their customers. Lots of demand and no show

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I'm looking for a 7mm and a 10mm pilot point drill bit. I have a 10mm that needs replacing so, they are out there somewhere. Can anyone put me onto a source? Thanks, Tom
Hi Tom; You're not specifying bullet point in this post that I responded to. I automatically thought brad point, when I read pilot point.:biggrin:

airborne_r6

Top Bottom