drill bit search

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dale Allen

Anyone know where I can order a 12.4mm drill bit.
Standard jobber type is fine.
I don't want to pay a lot for it.
Seems to be a rare item stateside.

TIA.

Dale

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenMan1

Mike:
Unless your experience with Chinese HSS drill bits has been better than mine, he might as well order 4 of the Victornet bits.... That gets him over the $25 minimum, and he MAY just need more than one of the same bit:)

Tongue firmly in cheek:)

Dale Allen

Thank you Rick.
I must have missed that one as I did look at Enco. I found that brand offshore but non could ship to me.
I appreciate that very much. I will order one.
Andy, mine is no better either! :rolleyes:
Wayne, I know it is close but I'm at the point where close isn't good enough. I'm not sure if that is good or not!
Anyway, the tube is .484 and since I have the setup dialed in to where there is practically no run-out, that leaves no room for glue.
And, the 12.5 makes the hole too big, although that is what the standard calls for.

Anyone know if this drill chick is a good one?
I cannot tell from the picture what the brand is. I may need to call them tomorrow and ask.

Attachments

• drillchuck.jpg
    drillchuck.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 120

frank123

Ebay has them from about $7.00 if you dont mind them coming from China.
Lot New 1 Pcs Straight Shank HSS Rolled Twist Drill Bits Dia 12 4 mm 4882" | eBay
Victornet.com has them for just over $7.00 but you have to spend at least $25.00 with them and pay shipping
High Speed Steel Metric Jobber Length Drill Bits - from 1mm to 20mm. and theirs are Chinese made as well.

Victor sells on Amazon with not minimum.

12.4mm High Speed Steel Metric Jobber Length Drill - Amazon.com

I buy from them on Amazon occasionally when I'm only needing one thing and can't wait for it till I need more stuff as well.

Their bits have always seemed to be as good as anything outside of the high end price stuff.

Dale Allen

What a difference the correct drill bit makes.
I finally got the chance to try the 12.4mm bit that I ordered from Enco.
The hole measured at .488" and with the tube being .484, it give me what I consider the optimum .002" on each side of the tube for glue.
I'm happier now!:)

Well, that and the fact that I found the spring I lost from a Jr Gent II kit.

Last edited:
Top Bottom