Dried ink issue

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Haynie

I found my pen that I lost during a particularly nasty migraine. Needless to say, after several months the ink is dried and clogging the feed.

how do I clean it up?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

IPD_Mr

Mark - Soak it overnight in regular water. If after overnight you do not have ink flow you will need to flush it. There are a couple different types of flush. Also a baby's nose syringe is a great tool for flushing out the feed.

schreiber

I believe I'd stay away from alcohol -- it can be a solvent/etchant of some plastics.

A drop or two of dish soap in a shot glass of water should do the trick. Fill your pen's reservoir with this and soak the nib/feed there overnight. Then flush flush flush. Rinse with water when clean.

An ultrasonic cleaner can help as well. Just the nib & feed or the whole section if you can't remove the nib & feed from the section without disturbing things.

Last edited:

Haynie

Hot water worked like a charm. Cold did nothing so I went with hot tap water and wow did it start flowing.

schreiber

Hot water worked like a charm. Cold did nothing so I went with hot tap water and wow did it start flowing.
I'd be real careful with hot water too. Warm to the touch is about as hot as I'd go. If this worked for you with no problems, then Hey...

Depending on the pen, you could warp things with really hot water; just sayin'.

Top Bottom