Dressed up Slimline.....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Janster

Janster

....it is such a versatile hardware kit that it is often overlooked for "Blings Sake". This is just one of many many ways to use this kit. Most cartridge pens are based on these and they are reliable and inexpensive too. Hope you like it! be well......Jan

Attachments

• DSC_0077.jpg
    DSC_0077.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 470
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Janster

damn...that is funky...you knocked that out of the park....game over!!!....did you pour the blank?
I wish I had the ability to do so, no I did not! I purchased these from Bsea of Blanks Slabs and Boards. Bob is a good guy to do business with. They were made w/PR. He listened to my poor explanation of what I thought I wanted and he "got it right".They were actually made purposely as a offshoot of his Kingsman Tourquoise blanks.
Thanks all for your kind comments and for supporting the many fine folks here on IAP, vendors as well as individuals. Be well......Jan

Rockytime

All I have been turning is slim lines. I need to do a couple dozen or more for Christmas gifts. Need to get a jump on it. After that I will start on some more interesting kits,

BSea

WOW Jan! You have a better eye for color than I do. That looks so much better than I thought it would. Not that I thought it was going to be bad, but I really like how that came out. What did you use for a finial? It doesn't look like a standard slimline finial. Did you back paint the blank? It kinda looks like there's black or dark blue underneath, but it may just be shadows. Either way, great job! :good:

Janster

WOW Jan! You have a better eye for color than I do. That looks so much better than I thought it would. Not that I thought it was going to be bad, but I really like how that came out. What did you use for a finial? It doesn't look like a standard slimline finial. Did you back paint the blank? It kinda looks like there's black or dark blue underneath, but it may just be shadows. Either way, great job! :good:

Thanks for your kind words. I did not back paint the tube nor the blank. The finial is from a pill container/keyring kit that I did not use. As I stated earlier, you really did nail what I was after. I sure hope you keep records of your pours. Be well.....Jan

OZturner

Congratulations to both you and BSea, Jan.
What a concept, What a Blank.
By the way, you really through me, I had to reach for my Medication, when I looked at your Photograph, and saw the Beautiful Pen, towering over an old fish landing net, and creel, etc.
I thought I had landed in the "Land of the Giants"
I couldn't get my mind around how you would Pour such an enourmous Blank, and why fit such an obviously large Blank to a Slimline Pen.
Until reality hit me, the old background, foreground trick.
Leaving aside my ravings, a Brilliant Pen Jan.
Brian.

Top Bottom