Down right Balmy out there!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rick P

This bad boy has been pumping warm air in from the California coast for the last 3 days. We went from -20 to +38 in 36 hours! The storm started as a blizzard and now it's raining. But that's nothing compared to the shift Delta Junction went through.....-60 on Sunday to +36 yesterday! That's a 96 degree shift in less than a week!

Attachments

• current4gv.png
    current4gv.png
    454.4 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I thought January was REALLY NICE---only a couple days in the teens, NONE below zero!! Several 40 degree and a couple 50 degree days. Had me thinking about "global warming" and maybe "giving it a chance".

Beginning of February came and they started "wrapping up" January. FOURTEENTH WARMEST---since they have kept records, fewer than 100 years, so we are at about the 80th percentile, overall. VERY NICE, but not historically "out of bounds".

Holz, My family in Michigan is going nuts with the warm weather........not much fun running a sled on dirt.

Ed, the climate is changing only question is how much of that change is do to our activity. Personally I think our contribution is a very small drop in a big bucket! This has been a wonderful winter! Great conditions for all the things I love about life here in Alaska. We normally get a warm snap around this time of year but this one is really strong.

Longfellow, you guys are more than welcome to keep that heat down there! I like the frozen bits of the planet nicely covered in snow and ice thank you very much.......at 70 I look for a glacier stream to sit in to cool off, 75 I am buck naked laying on the glacier, probably drop over dead at 80 degrees!

Last edited:
Levi
No that crevasse is probably 50 feet deep but only a few feet wide. Once you got in the water you'd be stuck, the sides are very steep and slick. I don't think I have any pics of me swimming up here, its so rarely hot that I seldom go.

Back
Top Bottom