Double Wave

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from VisExp

VisExp

This is my attempt at Eagle's Double Wave design. This is the second time I've done this design but only the first pen I've shown here. I showed the first one to Eagle and his only comment was "You missed the boat on the roller ball" :biggrin:

I still made some mistakes with this one, but I also figured out some stuff that will make the next one better. It's always an exciting journey trying some of Eagle's designs!

The blank is made from bloodwood with dyed wood veneers.

Your comments/critiques are welcome. Thanks for looking.

1_PFA-BP-TG-003.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OKLAHOMAN

Keith your really starting to **** me off!!!!:biggrin::rolleyes: Eagle would have said nice but______ _____ ________ _______ ____ ______(fill in the blanks, pun not intended):):) I say that it set sail...

Last edited:

bitshird

Keith, that looks like a pretty nice pen, My Eyes hurt looking at it, Not because of any shortcoming of the pen, but because my Optic nerves are overloading my brain, which like a PC in reallity can only do one thing at a time. And my brain (all three cells) are trying to figure out how you get the spiral cut! and the smoke is coming out through my nose and into my eyes.
Between Chris "tribal" and your self, I think the mans legacy and style will see a long and prolific lifetime.

ragz

I see alot of these inspired by Eagle type of design threads pop up.

I'm curious, is there a gallery or website of his that might have examples of his work there? I think all the designs people do now are very well done and those who were able to meet him were very fortunate.

Nicely done pen!

ldb2000

Kieth , that pen is totally Awesome . I love the design and the color choice , Eagle was an amazing man and you carrying on his legacy in a fantastic way , Great work .

wickford

check out the website that Lou (DCBluesman) put together in honor/remembrance of Eagle...www.eagleswoodworking.com

You will see some AMAZING pens there. There is also a forum dedicated to Eagle's memory where many of his friends from here participate. His family also participates in the forum so its a nice place to pay tribute to a penturning legend! (I just wish I would have had the opportunity to meet/talk with him)...

OLDMAN5050

Passed Away May 15, 2019
In Memoriam
You may have mist the boat the first time , you caught and launched the yach this time ,AWSOM wish I could do that kind of work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hosspen

You go bro! Your creative use of the scrollsaw continues to amaze us. When I see your work, I ask myself "how did he figure out how to make those cuts in a blank and glue that up to make it look like that?" Keep on impressing and inspiring us! Great Job!

Top Bottom