187.1 KB · Views: 458
  • IMG_3617.jpg
    IMG_3617.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 464
  • IMG_3613.jpg
    IMG_3613.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 565

jyreene

He sent them some threads to check and asked me if it was okay to get his stuff all sent back together. He had a smaller shipment so he got his stuff.

The rest is on the way to me now but it is a bigger box (and Augusta mail is really slow for some reason).

And as I said that UPS just dropped off the box. My wife will help me package everything up and I will get things out during the next week.

I'll PM everyone their tracking number.

edstreet

Ed...is that what you received or a representation...looks good!!

Actual thing. What everyone will receive is the same item except the Titanium treatment.

attachment.php

Hey, how come Ed has his already! That's not fair! :biggrin:

Because 3 reasons:

1) I had threads I sent up to get analyzed: CSUSA Gent Jr, Dayacom Emperor Jr, Atrax and a Sedona. Cap threads and front end assembly.

2) I was getting my M12 x 0.8 triple start tap and die set reworked, cleaned up, tuned and PVD treated.

3) I was wanting all of my stuff treated and there's no sense in getting the 8 items and shipping them back to Tapco to be PVD treated, just wasted expense.

I was shopping around looking for PVD treatment services and discovered that Tapco does PVD treatment (most tooling companies are unable to treat dies). They also came in cheaper than most others and at that point it was a no brainer.

He paid extra to have his special coated and stuff. I don't think ours will look quite the same as far as the finish goes.

attachment.php

Yes extra. This was in addition to the $278 from the group buy.

..and stuff..
attachment.php

Attachments

• Receipt.jpg
    Receipt.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 440
  • IMG_3619.jpg
    IMG_3619.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 467
  • IMG_3615.jpg
    IMG_3615.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 421

Carl Fisher

If anyone is interested, I will probably be parting with my 10mm set from the group buy. I really don't need it but was helping get the buy count up and since I DO need the 12 I just ordered both.

If I recall, I have the die and 2 taps.

jyreene

If anyone is interested, I will probably be parting with my 10mm set from the group buy. I really don't need it but was helping get the buy count up and since I DO need the 12 I just ordered both. If I recall, I have the die and 2 taps.

Lorbay contacted me about just something like this for a bash prize. Hit him up.

manojd

Tyson,

Please do contact me before shipping. I want to use Priority mail international so that I can track it.

Thanks.

Manojd

jyreene

Boxing is done. Entering the shipping labels is almost half done. Taking a break for dinner.

Also a huge thanks and lots of appreciation go to my wife for helping with the heavy lifting, boxing, entering in addresses, printing labels, and driving me tomorrow to the post office.

Cmiles1985

Boxing is done. Entering the shipping labels is almost half done. Taking a break for dinner.

Also a huge thanks and lots of appreciation go to my wife for helping with the heavy lifting, boxing, entering in addresses, printing labels, and driving me tomorrow to the post office.

Yes, a big thanks to you and your wife for the effort going into this GB. I would venture to guess that it is probably one of the largest in IAP's history.

Thanks Ed for posting tenon and drill sizes. Very helpful!

Carl Fisher

Thank you Tyson and thank you Amanda. Tell her I know she's doing all the hard work anyway with your broken toe :biggrin:

jyreene

Thank you Tyson and thank you Amanda. Tell her I know she's doing all the hard work anyway with your broken toe :biggrin:

Ha! It's not even the toe that is requiring me to not lift the bigger stuff!

jyreene

All boxes are packed and awaiting USPS pickup (minus the one that wanted me to wait until he got back from a trip). When I get home this evening I will post the excel sheet with tracking numbers.

image-3203860134.jpg

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Please do not forget to use proper fluid with these and be very certain to do a good and proper break in on the die's before production use.

Using proper cutting fluid for the material is a given, but please can you expand on the 'breaking in' of the dies?

BSea

Please do not forget to use proper fluid with these and be very certain to do a good and proper break in on the die's before production use.

Using proper cutting fluid for the material is a given, but please can you expand on the 'breaking in' of the dies?
Yes, please let us know. I've never done anything special as far as a break in on dies in the past. If there is something that will prolong the life, or prevent damage, that would be a helpful tip.

edstreet

Sure, break in period will determine the lifespan of the item and help prolong the lifespan.

Since Die's are unable to be resharpened to any substantial degree once they are gone they are gone. A tap is different as it can be resharpened. Also the convex vs concave surface makes a difference.

Same reason you would strop a cutting edge after sharpening it. By a proper break in you will essentially hone the cutting edges and provide for a longer lifetime.

This time also allows you to map the personality of the die on how it performs and where the pitfalls are at.

duncsuss

Yes, please let us know. I've never done anything special as far as a break in on dies in the past. If there is something that will prolong the life, or prevent damage, that would be a helpful tip.

And does "proper fluid" mean something other than vegetable oil spray (e.g., Pam)?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom