Double Plugged Hole In Bottom Of Bowl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from W.Y.

W.Y.

This is the bowl that was described in a thread on the Woodworking Friends site yesterday where I accidentally drilled a 3/4" hole in the bottom instead of a 1/2" hole .
This is how it turned out when putting a contrasting plug in to make it look as if it was intended so I might experiment with larger holes than that to make decorative bottoms in some bowls .

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SteveG

Brilliant save, leading to actual design opportunities. You do not have to say "OOPS!" here. Do you remember how to make pens?:rolleyes::wink:

Steve

Fishinbo

It came out really great looking. The contrasting woods in the hole is a great and decorative accent which looks like part of the design. Great job!

W.Y.

Brilliant save, leading to actual design opportunities. You do not have to say "OOPS!" here. Do you remember how to make pens?:rolleyes::wink:

Steve

Yes I still remember how to make pens. They are fun and easy . Only problem is it is hard to even give them away in my area anymore after making well over 300 and then so many others getting into pen making .
I am happy for the ones that still have a market for them in their particular area .

I must say I much more enjoy making these bowls and there is no hardware involved to have to buy and most of my wood is free including the walnut in that bowl where I showed yesterday on my own site all the pictures of cutting it from slab wood that was given to me and processing it into beautiful useful boards.

Last edited:
Top Bottom