Double Closed End....a first for me!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from SDB777

SDB777

Received my pin chucks the other day, and since I wasn't called into work this morning. I decided I would see if I had learned anything during John's(aka Knucklefish) demo during the last meeting for the IAP Arkansas Chapter of Penturner's.....

I did find out one thing, this works a lot better if the blanks are longer, so I guess that will be taken care of during my cutting of blanks from here on out! I had a kit from ArizonaShiloutte labelled Sedona Black Titanium Fountain Pen and found a blank labelled Black Limba....so I figured they were probably made for each other?

First attempt(I'll be keeping this one as a gauge on whether or not I am getting better)!
BlackLimbaFountainPen001.jpg

Comments and critique is very welcome on this(the harder the better....it is my first).

Scott (rip-her-apart) B

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wiset1

Really great looking turn! I would love to see a picture of the pen together if possible. Also, how dod you like using the pin chucks?

SDB777

Really great looking turn! I would love to see a picture of the pen together if possible. Also, how do you like using the pin chucks?

BlackLimbaFountain001.jpg

Rick's pin chucks are very tight fitting, making the outside nice-n-round(or consistantly round, maybe that's a better way to put it). No slipping tube on the rod either....definitely the way to do this!!!

Scott (thumbs up to Rick) B

BSea

That is really nice. I have a set of pin chucks on order that should be here next week. These look like a lot of fun, and a quick way to get a custom looking pen. I think I have one of those blanks somewhere (gee wonder where I got it).:)

Very nice ... The cap looks a little long but seems to go with the flow of the pen just fine. I also like the wood (which I have never heard of before now) if the picture is showing the true color. Now for your next one it needs scallops.:eek:

Old Lar

Great job for a first try!!

I really enjoy closed end pens and making them as well. They get somewhat easier as you make more or them. My biggest problem is determining a final shape.

Top Bottom