Don't use your buffing wheel to polish metal

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

clewless

WHAT WAS I THINKING? DAMN!

Trying to get a walking stick ready for Christmas, I took a piece of brass to the buffing wheel to get out a few inintentionally inflicted scratches.

Well, I got the brass polished. But now have a wheel dedicated for polishing metal as it has a beautiful black patina.

Thank goodness the wheels are readily and inexpensively available.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dubdrvrkev

You might be able to wrap some sandpaper on a piece of wood and take that to the wheel and remove the damaged part of the wheel. Beall has you do that to prep the wheels, no reason it wont work again.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Can't you wash those wheels in the washing machine? Just don't put them in with your other 'delicates' or let the missus know[}:)]

Pipes

You need a wheel for every type a tripole and one for every type a medal you buff I buff Brass steel and silver I can use one wheel for each tripoli for those ! But I also have wheel for wax for wood green tripoli for serious cutting and cleaning of wood and one for white tripoli and a completely clean flannel buff as a final on wood after wax ..I do a LOT a work with brass so I have wheels just for it also and I keep I think its 9 wheels mounted all the time on buffers plus many more I can slap on my lathe :O) But I restore smoking pipes and make a LOT of pipe tampers the brass is for tampers ! [:D]you also need a good wheel rake to keep them from loading up !! [:D]
A good wheel rake a clean up that dirty pad perty easy also[:D]

any questios E amil me at admin@affordablepipes.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom