Dont give it to Moose

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

EasyGreasy

I just sold a pen to a forklift driver at work. It was a Jr. Statesman very nice pen. Then he let Moose see it who slings the water boxes (big guy). Instead of twisting he pulled, gently at first, then with a mighty heave he got that sucker apart. Ripping half the plastic threads out with it. Nice pen he probably mumbled. Then gave back to Buddy who gave it back to me and said that somethings wrong with it. Now I just started this shift and its become somewhat of an annoyance. Moose has allready denied it to others. Now before I have to go put Moose in a Arm-Bar and make him say "I pulled the pen apart Sir" and mabey pursuade him to buy me another I have a question for my friends who taught me how to turn pens.
Does anybody out there happen to have plastic inner threads for a Jr.Statesman.

Thanks Greasy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rangertrek

Same thing happen to me a few weeks back. Although this was from a regular customer who knows how to open a pen. He said there was a problem with the threads. Looked inside, they were stripped. Anyway, replaced for him at no cost, he has bought about 10 pens from me in the past year.
+1 for CSUSA or your supplier should have it also.

jskeen

Just curious, but wasn't there a flap a while back about "new improved" threads for the jr Gents? Is there a supply of plastic inserts floating around out there now because or this, or is it still a matter of somebody somewhere having to sacrifice a kit everytime this happens? If somebody has a supply of these, I'd be interested in purchasing a few just as backups if the price is not too unreasonable, as it has always been a weak point of the design. Don't get me wrong, it's a necessary evil, and better than metal to metal threads, but still something that can get damaged/wear out and need to be replaced eventually, so I would like to have some spares if they are available.

James

EasyGreasy

Craft Supply came through

I just wrote to Craft Supply and Angie responded right away and let me pick my part out of a schematic. Just want to hug her.

Angie Rocks Thanks for your help Jeff

This situation has happend at shows so now I untwist it for them and place it in their hands and say how does a Real Pen feel. I even had one person lick the tip just before they test wrote it. This person didnt buy it and I had to wipe the lick off.
But be carefull lots of Mongos out there.

Moose still is not admitting he pulled anything but we all know he did. I did not arm-bar him I may wait under a table and heel-hook him when I see an oppertunity.

EasyGreasy

Still need a nib coupler

Oi, all the emails to CSU and they dont have a nib coupler. I only need the inner plastic threaded part. Does anyone have a plastic coupler for the Statesman, Retro, or I think Jr Gent has the same.
Angie in customer service was nice but they are apparently low on jr statesman parts

Thanks Greasy

ldb2000

It's been awhile since I last did one but if I'm not mistaken the Jr Statesman and the Jr Gent do not have the same threaded coupler . The Jr Statesman uses a standard 60 degree triple start thread but the Jr Gent uses a non standard square cut triple start thread .

Top Bottom