Don Ward Caused My Headache

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from firewhatfire

firewhatfire

I recently posted my first closed end pen and he said something like now you should hide the clip and close the other end. Well it has taken me most of a day and alot of head scratching to do it. So now my head hurts inside and out. Thanks Don for all the info. The blank is one I poured thanks to Jonathon Brooks for that demo also. Thanks for looking and let me know what you think. Phil
DOubleclosed032.jpg

DOubleclosed035.jpg

DOubleclosed036.jpg

DOubleclosed028.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

Phil,

And now for your next challenge, should you accept....:biggrin:

Sorry for the headache I caused you but I hope you now realize it was worth it. You did one nice job with the pen, closed end and clip. Once the hidden clip if figured out it gets easier each time and the headaches will soon stop all together.:wink:

The blank you made gorgeous. You are a quick study. I look forward to what you will show us next.
Thanks for sharing.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

firewhatfire

I dont know if I am ready for the next challenge or not.:rolleyes: I am still not sure I have the clip figured out. Gonna have to go review that stuff again beforeI commit to that insanity again.:eek: It would have great to see a demo first hand, but I got my info from Dons page and fumbled through it till I ended up with a pen. If I was ready for the next challenge what would it be?:foot-in-mouth:

Thanks for all the comments and patience all of you have with us Newbies. I still consider myself a newbie since I only started turning in March and never turned anything before that time(never had a lathe).

Phil,

And now for your next challenge, should you accept....:biggrin:

Sorry for the headache I caused you but I hope you now realize it was worth it. You did one nice job with the pen, closed end and clip. Once the hidden clip if figured out it gets easier each time and the headaches will soon stop all together.:wink:

The blank you made gorgeous. You are a quick study. I look forward to what you will show us next.
Thanks for sharing.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

firewhatfire

I looked at taps and dies and have asked a few questions. Best I can tell I need to sell alot of pens before I can afford all of the stuff to go completely kitless. But I sure do want to take that step.

76winger

That's awesome!!!

When I see pens like that it makes me want to dive into open-ended turning. Just waiting on the budget to allow for the extra goodies to do it.

its_virgil

Closed end pens can be turned with a standard 7mm mandrel. No special tooling is needed. Spceial closed end pen mandrels are nice and make the job easier but not essential.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

That's awesome!!!

When I see pens like that it makes me want to dive into open-ended turning. Just waiting on the budget to allow for the extra goodies to do it.

Top Bottom