Does someone have an opinion?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hewunch

Ok, I know there are some great ebonite rods out there for sale by some cool folks. BUT, there are also smaller rods that are a part of a science kit. It has to do with electricity. And best I can tell they are 12mm by 300mm so roughly .5" x 12". I am wondering if anyone has tried these for pens and or "parts".

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bensoelberg

I think I found the same ones you are looking at, but I didn't see a price listed or any info on how to order... I'm interested in how much they would charge, because it looks perfect for an idea that I've had kicking around for a while.

hewunch

I have found one place with prices and shipping that is "reasonable". For example each stick is $4 and shipping for $6. Now, I put in 3 as a number to be shipped and it was still $6. I am guessing you might could get more in there. I just know there are different qualities of ebonite and wanted to know how this stuff compares.

glycerine

If the stuff works, that sounds like a wonderful price! I've checked with some manufacturers and that stuff is not cheap even directly from the source!

DozerMite

Banned
I have never turned ebonite so does it turn similar to acrylic?

Yeah but.......much harder material and STINKS. Hard to get a good shine on it.

It's the sulfur that makes it smell bad. I smell it everyday... the smell is the worst when they open the autoclave.:eek:

It is just as easy to shine Ebonite as it is to shine the plastics.

Here is a keychain I done a while back...
Ebonite.jpg

Top Bottom