Does anyone recognize this blank?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
I received a shorty blank from someone, but I don't remember who or when. It was just long enough for a bolt action pen & it turned out much better than I expected.

I'd like to order a few full size blanks, but, so far, I haven't been able to find anything that looks exactly like this.

Here is the pen I made from the blank and all 4 sides of the 3/8" piece of blank that remained after I cut it to size.

If anyone knows the name of this blank and where I can purchase more of them, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks
Edgar

Attachments

• BoltAction_GrayAcrylic3.jpg
    BoltAction_GrayAcrylic3.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 388
  • View1.jpg
    View1.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 264
  • View2.jpg
    View2.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 190
  • View3.jpg
    View3.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 205
  • View4.jpg
    View4.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 174
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

danom

blank

Hello Edgar;

Looks exactly like the blank I purchased from William Woodrite in Ontario Canada. It is call shark fin. I made a pen out of it and it turned out just like your photo.

Dave

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Hello Edgar;

Looks exactly like the blank I purchased from William Woodrite in Ontario Canada. It is call shark fin. I made a pen out of it and it turned out just like your photo.

Dave

Thanks a bunch, David. I checked their site and I do believe you are right!

Looks like I need to place an order with them. The price of the blanks is reasonable enough - shipping will probably cost more than the blanks though. :)

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Thanks George & Warren. You are both correct - that is indeed the one I am looking for. Unfortunately Wiliam WoodWrite and Turner's Workshop are both outside the USA and PSI is currently out of stock.

The good news is that I believe that I have found a source for what I need. I will post details once everything is arranged.

I really appreciate all the responses to my posting. This kind of help is what makes this forum so special! :)

Curly

Edgar I never understood why so many Americans won't buy from a Canadian company. You are on the good side of the dollar exchange and don't get taxed unless the order is large. We on the other hand have been cross border shopping all our lives and accept it as an everyday part of life. I hope your alternate source works out for you.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
William WoodWrite stopped shipping outside of Canada as of April 1, otherwise I would surely have ordered from them. They did help me to find an alternate source.

Top Bottom