Does anyone else make these?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mdburn_em

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdburn_em

Combination Pen/Pencil from PSI.
Folks around here just love them.
I don't really like to sell them, but I made a mistake and made some when I first started turning and now they know I have them and keep requesting them.
This one is spalted peach leaf willow.

200762541630_PenPencil.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mdburn_em

This is a rather unique instrument. When you twist it one way, the fine point pen emergers. Twist it back the other way and the pencil end emerges. The "click" end isn't for the pen but rather to advance the pencil lead. The pen uses one of the mini refills. It writes very nicely and is a fine point which I've found a lot of people like.

I haven't made this particular pen, but have made the two-way tech pen from PSI.. only one has been successful.. it has a pda stylus and a mini pen refill.. I find the two way twist mech to be difficult to work with.. others I tried haven't worked well at all.

gerryr

Mark,
If you don't want to make them anymore, start raising the price.[:D] That will teach them and probably put some extra money in your pocket. Is peach leaf willow something that grows up where you are?

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
We get a clever 3 way pen/pen/pencil kit from CS UK. Although it is poor quality it is very popular with school kids. The mech is ingeneous, you hold the pen at an angle and a little pin tilts to the colour ink or pencil you have selected. There is only a blank for the bottom half. I have made loads of them for my kids' friends. Although they look cheap, I havent had one fail yet. The only down side is that the refills don't last long.

mdburn_em

OK, I like selling them, what I don't like is the uncertainty over whether any might come back to me. I guess I've gotten spoiled with the smoothness of the Cigar's twist and maybe subconsciously, I want this to work that smoothly. Everybody I know that has one is still tickled with it.
People seem to feel like they should pay more for this kit since they are getting a pen and a pencil. People won't pay $45 for a pen and a pencil set but they'll shell out $45 for this kit in a heartbeat.
Gerry,
The peach leaf willow is one of the trees native to this part of MT. You'll find it around reservoirs. It has a red bud in the spring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom