Doc suprised me this week.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kragax

Other than hips that need replaced I feel pretty good. Went for my physical Wed. and found out I am Diabetic. Type 2. And I thought the learning curve for making pens was bad. Jeeze.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Sabaharr

My doctors are experimenting on me to see how many internal organs they can remove and I can still function. I feel like I have reached my limit. Still turning pens though.

Dave Turner

I was about 20 pounds overweight and my blood glucose was starting to edge up to the pre-diabetic level (over 100). I dropped the excess weight to get back to the middle of my normal Body Mass Index. Blood glucose reverted back to normal.

Attachments

• BMIChart.jpg
    BMIChart.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 179

KenV

Sugar is deadly Sugar is deadly. And Damn hard to avoid.

Got my A1C down to 5.2 on the last lab tests, but it is was hard hard hard to get there.

StephenM

Want to talk about a surprise? My wife had surgery and afterwards while I was talking to the Doctor and going over all the post-op stuff, she says "Oh, and by the way, you're going to have to get a vasectomy because if your wife were to get pregnant, she would probably die. :eek:

I went to the urologist for my consult and he's talking about local vs. general anesthetic and I told him just just a local was fine. He started doing his thing and said, this will be about the extent of the tugging so if you're OK with this, then you can do the local.

Then he moved to the other side and was poking and prodding all over and said "Nope, we're going to have to knock you out and I'm going to have to root around in there for a while".

Really - that's what a patient wants to hear? Root around in there for awhile?

Want to talk about a surprise? My wife had surgery and afterwards while I was talking to the Doctor and going over all the post-op stuff, she says "Oh, and by the way, you're going to have to get a vasectomy because if your wife were to get pregnant, she would probably die. :eek:

I went to the urologist for my consult and he's talking about local vs. general anesthetic and I told him just just a local was fine. He started doing his thing and said, this will be about the extent of the tugging so if you're OK with this, then you can do the local.

Then he moved to the other side and was poking and prodding all over and said "Nope, we're going to have to knock you out and I'm going to have to root around in there for a while".

Really - that's what a patient wants to hear? Root around in there for awhile?

I had my vasectomy about 43 years ago, shortly after my son was born... the doc used a local for me... worst part of the whole thing was they sprayed some kind of antiseptic over the area that was so cold :eek::eek: I'm not sure he could find what he needed..:redface::redface:.. then he prescribed some kind of suspension device for me to wear while things healed... most uncomfortable torture device I ever wore.:eek:.:frown:.:redface: one day was all I could stand it.

Top Bottom