Do you remember

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rjwolfe3

a post about a pegboard system mounted behind and above the lathe where you would put all of your lathe tools and accessories? I thought I had it saved or printed but I can't find it anywhere. I have too much info saved up I think.:confused::confused:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

grub32

It happens...

That is how I have all my kits and such stored by my lathe...It is screwed right into the studs in my pole barn...Do you believe me? Or do I have to post a picture? hehehe

I dont have my tools there...I keep them on my workbench with my lathe, next to my wolverine system...I should take some stinking pictures right?

Grub

I used peg board all around my shop on the upper portion of the wall... wish no that I had carried it all the way from ceiling to floor.

These shots don't show it very well, but maybe you can see a little bit..

Attachments

• shop 006.JPG
    shop 006.JPG
    68.3 KB · Views: 198
  • shop 007.JPG
    shop 007.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 169

rjwolfe3

This one was one with a frame that sat just behind the lathe on the wall. I could of swore one of the members here posted the picture but I looked all day yesterday and could only find one close to it. If no one else remembers it then I must of saw it in a magazine. Thanks for looking.

jleiwig

Mine's kinda like that, and you may be thinking of Lee's system, pictured in this post

http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=24765

I'll be re-building my pegboard wall into this cabinet that I got the plans for from Wood Magazine http://www.woodstore.net/shtoca.html
woodstore_2088_217564649

It only takes one sheet of plywood and pegboard to build, so it could be built for around $50 depending on the price of plywood in your area.

I'll be customizing it specifically for penmaking/lathe stuff, because I'm sick of dropping stuff into shavings and having to search for it, or setting something down somewhere and not remembering where, spending 20 minutes looking for it and forgetting what I needed it for in the first place.

I hope with this cabinet that I will have a specific place for everything, similar to what Lee did with his wall. If you want any more info, just let me know Rob, I owe you, so anything I can do to help I will.

JerrySambrook

Try using the pegboard that is already white.
It is only marginally more than the regulat, and does a great job of reflecting light.

When I get smart enough to use my camera and post a proper pic, I will do so.

Jerry

jkeithrussell

Justin, I don't know about that cabinet. It's not very wide. Lathe tools will hang better using hooks horizontally, but you'll need more room or it will be hard to get them in and out. If you drop them into peg loops, you need enough room above them to get them out. I nailed pegboard to the wall behind my lathe and hang my lathe tools horizontally. It works great, but they get splashed with water and polish from time to time. I also prefer the white pegboard simply because it brightens up the shop a little bit.

rjwolfe3

The wife and I threw this together. Should work till I can find the one I was looking for. Thanks everyone for the help. Justin, I may use your idea but modify it. I am pretty sure I have the plans in my library.

attachment.jpg

Attachments

• 001rs - Copy.JPG
    001rs - Copy.JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 213

grub32

Looks good...

Thought I would throw the photos up of mine since I had a minute to get it done...

Grub

Attachments

• LAthe1.jpg
    LAthe1.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 111
  • LAthe2.jpg
    LAthe2.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 103
Top Bottom