Do Not Look Truitt (Trade Spoiler)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from RAdams

RAdams

Banned
This is a closed end JG II. It has a custom CB, and finial, as well as a Heritance nib. Satellite Silver Alminum homebrew blank. It is a trade pen for Truitt Sosebee. Hope he likes it as much as i do!

2_trade_pen.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RAdams

Banned
Thanks for all the Compliments! Thanks to IAP for the knowledge needed to do this type of work!

I am a little afraid of the closed end cap. I don't like making pens without the clip, and to do a lid, i would have to recess the clip. THAT is scary! One of these days i am sure i will finally build up the nerve to do it.

My wife got up this morning and all but claimed this pen. She was sad when i told her it was alraedy spoken for. This blank is very special to her. The color is the color for the brain cancer ribbon. My oldest daughter has been fighting High grade aggressive Oligodendroglioma (brain cancer). She was diagnosed at 17 yrs old, has had numerous brain surgeries, several strokes, Radiation therapy twice, and she just started her second round of Chemo. I will be making more of these blanks in the VERY near future!

RAdams

Banned
CAREFULLY!

Just kidding...

I mounted a piece of a round blank in my Nova soft jaws with a couple of inches sticking out. I turned that section to diameter and then decided how wide i wanted it and parted down below the finished diameter. Then i coved the edges, sanded and polished. Then i put the proper size drill bit in the tailstock and drilled the center portion out.

I was left with a near ready band. I just had to clean up the back edge where the material broke before the bit got to it. I just let that bit of material cool off for a minute, and broke the little lip off.

The little finial thingy was harder to do. I don't have a collet chuck, so i had to use a Jacob's chuck to hold the work. It was not easy to say the least. I really gotta get a collet chuck.

WildcatHollow

Stunning...

...one of the finest looking pens I've seen since I joined the forum. Unique and creative.

Sorry to hear about your daughter. My best wishes for her eventual recovery.

Regards,

t.

RAdams

Banned
WOW Toby! Thank you for the kind words! This pen did turn out really nice! I am having so much fun with the closed end and other mods that i cant hardly stand it! I suprise myself still.

It is all thanks to IAP members! Without this site, i would still be trying to figure out how to mod the kits.

Thanks for the kinds words on my daughters behalf! We are more than hopeful she will make a full recovery. We strongly believe in the power of positive thinking!

Top Bottom