Display stand

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

workinforwood

I decided to build a display that I can take to churches or whatever to sell some pens. Originally I was thinking of making 2, 1 for me and 1 to sell, although I don't know that it would be worth my while as it would be expensive to buy and ship. I'm building it with solid maple, no plywoods. Took me all day to plane down several boards which I though would be enough for two, but after straightening and jointing I found I only milled just barely enough for one. It will be 36" long and 18" deep. The bottom is that size and square with a drawer about 4" or so deep with a lock that pulls out towards the back of the display..for cash or supplies or both. On top of that 2 layers curving back in the center similar to a typical acrylic style display. I'm guestimating it might display 150 or more pens. Stylish and functional but not overwhelming, the natural color of maple not stealing the spotlight, but at the same time drawing people in to look is the idea. Think it's something worth my while to pull more lumber and make a second one while I'm at it? Probably weigh 40-50 lbs and cost around $500. Hopefully my explanation makes some sense to the imagination. Seems to me the possibilities for something like this are endless.

workinforwood

Oh, sorry but pics are all in my head. I don't have it built. I have only just glued up all the panels and before I go to the next step of sanding the panels flat was wondering if it was smart to pull more lumber and build a second stand at the same time. I wouldn't bother building two unless there was a possible interest out there for something of this size.

Top Bottom