Discontinued Kits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

What discontinued kits would you like to see again?

• Lotus

Votes: 37 39.4%
  • Imperial

Votes: 26 27.7%
  • Emperor

Votes: 33 35.1%
  • Jr. Emperor

Votes: 49 52.1%
  • Jr. Retro in all plating

Votes: 33 35.1%
  • Other???

Votes: 8 8.5%

• Total voters
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Ed - Being honest, I'm not sure I want to see any of them come back. All of these kits have Asian themes. It would be nice to see some of these styles with different themes...Mediterranean, Roman, Greek, African, cosmos, etc. I'm just a little burned out on Asian.

Mark

Mostly order the Zen RB (not discontinued) and yes I requested them in Copper:biggrin:.

The only other style I ever bought was the Jr Retro (in various finishes) I've stocked up on the copper, but I voted anyway....

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
It would be nice to see more people voting on this.

Exactly.

Considering at last check we have 9,308 members. At present 31 people have voted.
So, right now, we have an opinion of only .0003% of the people at IAP. Is that enough to base a judgement off of?
It might tell you that 99%+ of the members don't want any of them brought back. :cool:

jchurch

Even though they have an Asian flair to them, I think the Emperor and Emperor jr. were beautiful pens, and my customer's like them. I place the Jr Retro rhodium fountain in 3rd place.
Jim

OKLAHOMAN

I still would like both Emperors back and the Imperial in both finishes, but have to agree with Lou, sure would like those sized pens in a Mediterranean, Roman or Greek style sure would blend in with my name " Bella Penna".:biggrin: BTW the name Bella Penna was Lou's Idea and I have never thanked him for it........Thank you my friend:)....

glycerine

Considering at last check we have 9,308 members. At present 31 people have voted.
So, right now, we have an opinion of only .0003% of the people at IAP. Is that enough to base a judgement off of?
It might tell you that 99%+ of the members don't want any of them brought back. :cool:

True, maybe the poll should have had a "none of the above" option...

JerrySambrook

Charlie,
I am now truly scared.
You and I are thinking alike WAY too much.

People here are just getting off work
You folks can at least give it a couple of days

Thanks
Jerry

alphageek

Former Moderator
I voted other.. I'm not sure what else there is out there, but I can't get to the point of needing many $30+ dollar kits. I personally am trying to push the limits of the jr gent/statesman.

I have other wishes in kits, but can't say that any of these really are what I'd like to see more of. If I had one wish, it is better choices in great platings (too many 'apprentice type things' coming out lately). A good mix of mid-range kits in great platings would be optimal for me.

Coysquibbly

Lotus

I have always wanted to make some of these kits, it was discontinued before I was able to order some. Can't seem to be able to get them anywhere unless I order 500:eek:.............gets me thinking.

I also agree that it would be nice to see some non asian theme kits if they are available out there.

Kevin

Looking at the results of the poll so far led me to a question:

Is it possible that if these kits were being purchased in the approximate same percentages that the poll reflects, that this could be the reason they all went extinct?
I mean, if you need to sell 'X' number of any kit for it to be viable, but have too many kits vying for survival, it's possible for all of them to fail.

Tanner

Ed - Being honest, I'm not sure I want to see any of them come back. All of these kits have Asian themes. It would be nice to see some of these styles with different themes...Mediterranean, Roman, Greek, African, cosmos, etc. I'm just a little burned out on Asian.

That's actually a good point. I've been thinking this for awhile.

Chasper

I voted for Emperor, because if they brought it back I could continue to buy a few of them.

However, if "don't bring any of them back" had been a choice I would have voted for that. I believe that CSUSA or someone else will step up and fill the void, and when they do it will be a kit with greater appeal. So my real answer is, "none of the above."

Last edited:

diamundgem

I'm a fan of the Jr emperor and Lotis, Lucky me, I found a lotis kit stuffed under my car seat that had been there for several months. I took it to a show to show a fellow and forgot it until I cleaned the car

Top Bottom