disassembly

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBusardo

I think I am missing something. When taking apart a pen, what does everyone use to secure the blank? I ruined one previously and I am thinking about taking apart another one. Is the answer right in front of my face? Also. does every one slide something under the clip?

Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

clewless

Naw, those guys aren't in their right minds[:D]. I put it in my right hand, but wrap it in the rubber shelf liner so it doesn't slip...oh, be prepared to cuss when you hit the top of your hand by mistake...DAHIKT[:(][:)]

mick

I'm with Joe, I hold the pen barrel in my the right hand and tap it with a small hammer held inmy left hand...the real right hand......lol

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Ok...I'll hold the pen in my left hand, and when I nod my head, you SMACK it!. [:p] You've gotta be real danged old to remember Curly, Larry and Moe's routines.

gerryr

Geez Lou, quit making me feel so old.

But, the only time I slide something onto the clip is when I know it's pretty tight, like in Olympias.

I remember them Lou. I hold the pen with my right hand and smack the punch with a small hammer - make sure you take off any rings. I also slide a plastic drinking straw over the clip.

P.S. a non-slip router blanket works pretty good for catching flying finials and nibs DAMHIKT [:D]

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
IT was said earlier but make SURE you take off any rings you have on the hand that is gripping the blank regardless whether you are using a rubber pad or not(DAMHIKT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom