Disassembly of a PSI Classic Elite Fountain Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

I turned and assembled a PSI brand Cassic Elite fountain pen. The problem is now the wood has cracked down the side and needs to be replaced. I have tried to use HF punches and no luck. When I use one to fit in one side it slides all the way through and will not catch. The fittings are exactly the same size on each side of the blank and I cannot get one to work. Any ideas would be appreciated. Hope I made sense. Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

writestuff

this is a tough one!

I would reinsert the tip end, and then Try to punch it out from the other end with your HF punch. Don't hammer too hard. If you can get that end out the rest is a walk in the park. Might work, might not.
What was the wood? :)
WS

justaccord

Try using the next smaller HF punch. Then hold the punch against one side of the tube at the end you're trying to knock out. Then turn the pen 90 degrees or so and do it again. You might be able to "walk" the fitting out a little at a time. It works with disassembly of baron, where both end fittings are identical.

HTH

Dvoigt

I would reinsert the tip end, and then Try to punch it out from the other end with your HF punch. Don't hammer too hard. If you can get that end out the rest is a walk in the park. Might work, might not.
What was the wood? :)
WS

That is what I do, or the back end.... once you have one side out, go the next size or 2 bigger and knock out the other end...

The cap is a different story since you have to cut a little tenon so there is nothing to hit with the punch.

Top Bottom