disassembling a Flat Top American

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

babyblues

Has anyone successfully disassembled the lower section of a Flat Top American rollerball/fountain pen without destroying the tubes? I can't just knock the post end out because the threads won't come with the rest of it since post end doesn't thread on. If you've made one, you'll know what I'm talking about. And the nib end is plastic, so I'm afraid I'll punch right through that or strip the threads. I'd really like to re-purpose these kits, but I'm at a loss.

witz1976

I believe (never done it yet) but you can unscrew the nib end, then use the punch to remove the metal cap from the plastic of the posted side of the pen, then you can carefully (using a small punch) try to catch the lip of the nib side threads and then punch by traveling around the lip inside the tube. Once the nib side is done, do the same for the posted side.

Not if you figure out how to remove the threads on the cap after you use locktite, let me know...

Also just curious what type of kit are you useing...I may have some spare parts.

Top Bottom