Disassemble and reassemble question?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Earl_J13

If I disassemble a pen can I reassemble it using the same body/blank and tube or is it a one time fit? I want to refinish a pen, is it possible or do I need to remove the pen hardware and start fresh with a new blank and tube?

Thank you, in advance.

JimB

You should be able to disassemble without damaging any parts and therefore be able to reassemble. When knocking out the parts use many light taps. Do not try to knock them out with just a couple hard ones. That will damage parts.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
You can take a pen apart and reassemble using the same components, however, you may have to use glue to secure the parts. Some use CA, but as is cures and off gasses, it can leave a white film on the metal pen parts. Some use epoxy, but IMO, it can be too messy and is difficult to take the pen apart. Some use red loctite but is very difficult, if not impossible, to take the pen apart again with out damaging the pen. I prefer to use blue loctite. It is not as hard to get the pen apart if needed.

edit in: Adding to Jim's post, get yourself a set of transfer punches. It will make disassembly a lot easier.

Last edited:
Top Bottom