So here it is in sunlight.

Axia in Andromeda Diamondcast - sunlight Lg.jpg

and here's a close up on the nib:

Axia in Andromeda Diamondcast - nib med.jpg

Capped:

Axia in Andromeda Diamondcast - capped med.jpg

Open

Axia in Andromeda Diamondcast - open med.jpg

The material is McKenzie Penworks' DiamondCast with real diamond chips and, as I understand it, Argentum silver in the mix. This pattern is called "Andromeda." Hopefully these will give you the full picture of this material's beauty and potential.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Exquisitely Beautiful rollerball (I assume) !!!!

It would be nice to see the construction of the nose cone and section, altho' I think it is all one piece.

Kaspar

It would be nice to see the construction of the nose cone and section, altho' I think it is all one piece.

It is. I tried a two piece on a previous pen, but that required extra work which the results did not justify. So back to the drawing board. But if you cut and polish in stages, it's possible and even desirable to do it as one piece. Less time, much better result. (P.S. I use a metal lathe which helps.)

Last edited:

magpens

...... it's possible and even desirable to do it as one piece. Less time, much better result. (P.S. I use a metal lathe which helps.)

Thanks for confirming it's one piece. . Yes, a metal lathe is really "the cat's meow" for things like that.

The extra pics are nice .... thanks for those also !!

Top Bottom