different nibs

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

baldysm

I have a customer requesting different sized nibs for the Jr Gent pen. CSUSA has different sized nibs, but they are all the black plastic type.

Anyone know if there are platinum and/or gold plated nibs of different sizes available.

He is looking for a broad point in both platinum and 10k gold.

Thanks

Scott

Hi Scott,

I don't think the replacement nibs from Craft Supplies fit the Gent or Jr. Gent pens. And I don't know of anyplace out there that has an easy replacement.

The customer's interest in a platinum and a 10K gold nib is interesting. Neither of those is what you would call "usual" in the fountain pen industry. If it's a gold nib, it's usually a 14K gold, or even better an 18K gold. I have a Parker Sonnet with an 18K nib that is a sweet pen! I don't even hear of Platinum nibs. Maybe I run in too small a circle! ;-)

What we think of as the "nib" is usually the nib and nib holder assembly. The nib is actually the metal piece at the end. There are pen repair places that would re-work the nib into a broad point, or would replace the nib completely with a gold nib of whatever width you wish. They will also charge a decent amount to do it. So far I haven't found it worthwhile to do it, but I can tell it's coming at some point! Just do a Google search for Fountin Pen Repair.

Scott.

PenWorks

Hi Scott, the nibs CS sells do fit the Gent Jr. I use alot of the calligraphy nibs. They only come in the 10K , but customers don't mind if the nib is in the size they want. I also sell alot of extra fine. Anthony

baldysm

Hmmm, interesting. When I say platinum or gold, I am referring to the part you screw in to the pen, not the part you actually write with. Both Berea and CSUSA have different sized nibs, but they only have the black plastic screw in part as replacements.

Anyway, I think I have my answer.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom