Different Names for Pen Kits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jkeithrussell

Has anyone already taken the time to put together a chart or summary of all of the different types/names of pen kits that are the basically the same only made by different manufacturers -- like Wall Street/Elegant Beauty/Sierra?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Tn-Steve

I'd love to see something like that myself. As a noob it's some times tough to keep them straight.

I would go one further and would like to see what would be the "Defining Characteristics" that would describe that pen, like a slimline being a very thin pen, generally straight or gentle rounding, and a Sierra (?) has only one turned section at the top, with a long tapering tip end. (I think that's how I remember it). See, I REALLY Need that help.

Last edited:

Randy_

Has anyone already taken the time to put together a chart or summary of all of the different types/names of pen kits that are the basically the same only made by different manufacturers -- like Wall Street/Elegant Beauty/Sierra?

I've got something like that I am putting together and have been meaning to post here. I need to update it since there are a lot of new kits that have come out since I last worked on it. I keep thinking I ought to just post it as is and let you guys fill in the missing pieces??

mywoodshopca

Charlottetown, PEI Canada, Derby Kansas and Canyon
Sounds like a good idea, only chart I have for pens is attached here, cant remember where I saved it from to give due credit. :confused:

Attachments

• comparisonchart.jpg
    comparisonchart.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 287

Lee Patz

Converted Chart

I took Jason's Chart and converted it to a Microsoft Excel file. If I knew how to upload it I would, but I'll be happy to Email it to anyone.
Maybe I can make a Zip file - I'll try that.
Lee

JimB

I've got something like that I am putting together and have been meaning to post here. I need to update it since there are a lot of new kits that have come out since I last worked on it. I keep thinking I ought to just post it as is and let you guys fill in the missing pieces??

Randy - If yours tells what kits are the same as others then I sure would like to see it. By "same" I mean use the same bushings and tubes. Even if doesn't have all the kits yet it sould still be helpful.

MobilMan

Jason. Nice chart. I notice that on the Jr. Emperor you list the drill sizes as 12.5 & 27/64. But according to CSUSA it takes a 10.5 & 12.5. I just purchased some of the kits & got the bits they call for. [??????] Maybe I should check the tubes before I drill. Or have you found the 27/64 works better? Thanks

Top Bottom