Diff between Statesman and Jr

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rjwolfe3

Can anyone give me a quick run down on the differences between a finished Statesman and a finished Statesman Jr (both fountain pens)? I finally have my first inquiry on my website (after 8 months) and the customer would like to know. Specifically the size and shape difference. Also they are asking about what kind of cartridges this particular fountain pen takes. Should I direct them to one of the sites with many colors to choose from or what?

One last thing, they are asking about what size lead you can use in a slimline pencil (PSI version). I think it's 7MM but will any other size work?

Thanks for your help. This may be my first big order and I really don't want to screw this up. I think this person might not be from the US and I'm hoping there isn't any language barrier.:eek:

mrcook4570

Statesman vs Jr Statesman is basically the same difference as Gent vs Jr Gent. Cartridges are international cartridges and there are many different brands - Private Reserve, Pelikan, Mont Blanc are a few.

ldb2000

Hi Rob
The difference between the Statesman and the jr is just size , the Statesman is 21/32" in dia by I think about 5 3/8" and the jr is 9/16" dia by about 5 1/4"
and the jr is available as a postable or non postable the Statesman is non postable .
Send them to Lous' site for ink .
The .7mm leads can only be replaced with .7mm leads

Be real careful about international orders , check them out first . There was just a posting about a scam from Japan I think it was

rjwolfe3

Thanks for the quick replies. The phone number and name comes up to a Brooklyn, NY address so I'm assuming the person is living in the States. It was the wording in the email that thru me off and the name of course. I'm just excited that someone actually went to my website and ordered something for once, lol. Hopefully, I can answer all of their questions and this isn't a scam.

Top Bottom