Die holder

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brooks803

I have that. I started out with it and quickly went to the one from little machine shop. There's not any one thing that jumped out at me, but I felt like I wasn't getting the best job out of it. Just remember you have to hold it in your Jacobs chuck. I didn't like having to spin the collet chuck to cut the threads. On the LMS one you spin the actual die. I get a better feel of the threads being cut.

If you want to give it a try shoot me a PM and I'll send it your way.

Curly

I have one and I must be the only silly enough to put a pin in the tail stock chuck and slide the die holder over it and spin the die by hand, letting it self feed over the pen part. I don't know if it would work on metal but ebonite and plastic are within the range my wimpy grip. ;)

hard hat

After looking at the die holders from LMS and victor, I decided it was overall a better design for the LMS die holder. I couldn't be happier with it. I'm sure the victor will work as intended, but it comes down to what works for you.

reiddog1

I have one and I must be the only silly enough to put a pin in the tail stock chuck and slide the die holder over it and spin the die by hand, letting it self feed over the pen part. I don't know if it would work on metal but ebonite and plastic are within the range my wimpy grip. ;)

Pete,

Sounds like a great idea. Could you explain the "pin" and maybe provide a picture? Thanks in advance.

-Dave

Curly

I use the nearest transfer punch that fits the hole. :) A chunk of hardwood turned to size will work in a pinch. :wink:

The pictures are quick and dirty because it is close to freezing in the garage. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• PB220024.jpg
    PB220024.jpg
    236.1 KB · Views: 239
  • PB220026.jpg
    PB220026.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 201
  • PB220028.jpg
    PB220028.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 202
Top Bottom