Did I screw up?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

randywa

Did my first Gatsby over the weekend and noticed a lot of side to side movement at the top, where the cap sit on the tranny. Is this normal or did I do it wrong? It's most noticeable between the ring on the clip and the ring on the cap.

Attachments

• 2Gatsby8.jpg
    2Gatsby8.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 231
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ToddMR

Hard to tell from the picture. Do you have the cap pressed in good? I never have noticed side to side movement on the cap personally. Now when you say side to side movement, does the cap appear to be moving within the tube? Or does it seem like there is a lot of play before the transmission actually engages?

randywa

I only notice it when I hold the pen body and the end cap at the same time. The deflection seems to be from where the end cap pushes onto the tranny. It's not a lot, I guess, it's just noticeable.

randywa

Don't mean to sound anal or anything, but I didn't know if it's normal, or if I put it together wrong, or can it go together wrong.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
May be normal

I can see slight movement on one I made yesterday doing the same thing. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. I don't think the finial is going to fall off. It is the finial just a tad loose in the fit. I've had a couple where it was too tight and that is more of a problem because you can't get the finial on.

Top Bottom