Diamond hone

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
Hello all
I have my grinder and wolverine system all set up and I really like. How I'm wondering if I should get a diamond hone to go along with it and if so which one. I'm thinking it might help put a sharper edge and help maintain the edge while working on a project. Thanks in advance for the help.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
Thanks Dan, I guess I should see what Amazon has, or since I'm close to Woodcraft right how I could see what they have while Evelyn is working. I could get in a lot of trouble there.

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
I ordered a DMT credit card size 600 grit diamond hone, I watch 2 video's on YouTube that recommend that grit. I see how it does.

monophoto

I use the card style hones to sharpen my skews almost exclusively. Never use the grinder on them, but on rare occasion I will use a sanding disk.

I also have one of the paddle-style hones that I find to be an extremely good way to fine-tune drill bits, especially forstner bits.

In addition, I bought one of the four-sided block hones at Harbor Freight - 200, 300, 400 and 600 grit. These are relatively inexpensive and great for bench chisels, plane irons, pocket knives, scissors, etc.

And for all of them, the best lubricant is plain water with a drop of dishwashing detergent.

Charlie_W

Top Bottom