Delta Midi Questions

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jcollazo

Can someone provide me with some information about the Delta midi lathe?

What I need is:

1. the distance between the ways
2. the outer diameter of the tailstock clamp (the washer thingy)
3. The size and pitch of the bolt going through the tailstock clamp (the washer thingy) M8x1.25 or M10x1.50 or something different

Thanks - I'll be making some upgrade clamps for this model soon.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tbroye

I could use one of those for my Delta also the same thing for the tool rest holder, the thing you rest the chisel on. Post when you have them done. They are probabley the same size?

DocStram

Hey guys ..... I'm not certain what is meant by a Delta "Midi". I have a Delta 46-715. I sure could use an upgrade clamp for mine. I'll take measurements and see if they're different than what joe already has.

alamocdc

Hey guys ..... I'm not certain what is meant by a Delta "Midi". I have a Delta 46-715. I sure could use an upgrade clamp for mine. I'll take measurements and see if they're different than what joe already has.

Al, the Delta Midi is the same sized lathe as the Jet mini. Yours is considerably larger.

jcollazo

The specs I'm using are for the Delta LA200 and 46-250 lathes.

Post the specs for any other lathe and I'll see what I can do.

What I'll need is:

OD: total width
Step OD: width of the step
Bolt: size and pitch of the bolt. just knowing the locknut size will help
Ways: distance between the ways
If you have a picture of the current clamp, that would be nice.

I currently have the specs for the Jet Mini, Rikon Mini, Pioneer and the above Delta models.

redfishsc

Can someone provide me with some information about the Delta midi lathe?

What I need is:

1. the distance between the ways
2. the outer diameter of the tailstock clamp (the washer thingy)
3. The size and pitch of the bolt going through the tailstock clamp (the washer thingy) M8x1.25 or M10x1.50 or something different

Thanks - I'll be making some upgrade clamps for this model soon.

I'd LOVE to replace the whole tailstock on my Delta midi with a ram that has a 3"+ ram travel. Any ideas!?

redfishsc

With a 6 or 8" handwheel! I drill my blanks on the lathe and HATE....HATE HATE HATE the tailstock that the Delta comes with. It has too much slop, the lockdowns are weak, and the tiny handwheel will give you carpel tunnel syndrome after drilling 3 blanks.

Not to mention the fact that, when I first bought it (was used but only 2 yrs old barely used) the tailstock shaft was extremely tight fitting (so that it was very hard to advance the ram with the handwheel). I had to totally remove the tailstock shaft, mount it in the jaw chuck, and use a broken 100-grit sanding belt to sand the metal a touch thinner so that it fit right.

Top Bottom