Deer Horn Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from LabradorBob

LabradorBob

Wanted to make the tip out of deer horn also.
sorry for bad photo.

Attachments

• deer pen 2.jpg
    deer pen 2.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 331
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jim Smith

Looks good, but I think you might want to refer to it as deer antler if/when you show it to people. Horns (i.e. cow horns) are made from the same material as hair while antler is from bone.

Jim Smith

longbeard

Looks good, but I think you might want to refer to it as deer antler if/when you show it to people. Horns (i.e. cow horns) are made from the same material as hair while antler is from bone.

Jim Smith

Depends on where your from Jim, we call it horn also but my buddy in Texas calls it antler. He hates when i do too:biggrin:

Fatdawg

Looks great! I like all the different colors/shades. I would like to know how well the nib holds up. Also here in Pennsylvania, it's antler..

Culprit

Antlers (deer, elk, etc) fall off and re-grow each year. Horns stay on for the life of the animal (cows, rhinos, rams, etc).

Pitoon

that came out really good! .....the smell from turning antler, once you get a whiff of it you will never forget it!

Pitoon

mvande21

If you ever get your hands on elk ANTLER, try that out too. It is like using buffalo HORN but the reverse color. Instead of black with some brown and white color in the buffalo, it is almost all white with some brown or black. I made a bolt action with gun metal furniture and imop it came out gorgeous.

Top Bottom