deep ocean cigar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from CrimsonKeel

CrimsonKeel

2PV3lTO.jpg

GnS5Hoe.jpg

PSI rhodium big ben kit with a aquapearl blue green blank.
I ended up really liking this one and im tempted to use it all the time.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Joe S.

What does the aqua pearl turn like? I am really tempted to try one now! Now for the pen:

Fit: They all look perfect except the lower center band, and that one is still really good!
Finish: Perfect as far as I can see from the pictures
Form: Good shape for a cigar pen!
Reverse paint: Really sets the blank off!
Overall impression: Great blank for the kit, the chrome sets it off as much as the reverse paint does! Assure the transmission is one that will last, stick an upgraded refill in there (I like the easyflow from Schmidt), and you will have a REALLY valuable pen.

I wish all my pens turned out this good.

SDB777

I'm starting to come back around to turning 'cigar' type kits....always thought they didn't sell well for me(maybe because I didn't have that many to choose from). But lately, once I started putting PR blanks on them, they have gained me some 'looks'.

And this one here is a great example of getting some 'looks', cause it looks awesome! The color choice on the hardware is spot-on....and the fit-n-finish....perfect from my seat!

Well done!!!

Scott (I'm rambling today....forgive) B

Dan Masshardt

I'm starting to come back around to turning 'cigar' type kits....always thought they didn't sell well for me(maybe because I didn't have that many to choose from). But lately, once I started putting PR blanks on them, they have gained me some 'looks'.

And this one here is a great example of getting some 'looks', cause it looks awesome! The color choice on the hardware is spot-on....and the fit-n-finish....perfect from my seat!

Well done!!!

Scott (I'm rambling today....forgive) B

I've felt the same way about cigars. And think you're right on about some PR blanks. Although I think cigars loom great with certain woods, I haven't had much interest in them from the selling end.

CrimsonKeel

What does the aqua pearl turn like? I am really tempted to try one now! Now for the pen:

Fit: They all look perfect except the lower center band, and that one is still really good!
Overall impression: Great blank for the kit, the chrome sets it off as much as the reverse paint does! Assure the transmission is one that will last, stick an upgraded refill in there (I like the easyflow from Schmidt), and you will have a REALLY valuable pen.

The aquapearl turned pretty easy. only issue were a few "chatter" chips when i got a bad angle. other than that it was real easy. thanks for the advice on center band. it seems like that band is so skinny its hard to match it up right

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager

The aquapearl turned pretty easy. only issue were a few "chatter" chips when i got a bad angle. other than that it was real easy. thanks for the advice on center band. it seems like that band is so skinny its hard to match it up right

On the "lower center band", you are attempting to meet a radiused component. To make it look better (IMO), you can ease the edge of the blank where it meets (a slight radius). This will make the appearance more pleasing to the eye for those who REALLY nitpick a pen (Like us!)

Customers will rarely notice.
FWIW,
Ed

Joe S.

On the "lower center band", you are attempting to meet a radiused component. To make it look better (IMO), you can ease the edge of the blank where it meets (a slight radius). This will make the appearance more pleasing to the eye for those who REALLY nitpick a pen (Like us!)

Customers will rarely notice.
FWIW,
Ed

Exactly! Thanks Ed!

Top Bottom