Decals on Polymer Clay

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Stephen

Just wondering if this is possible for a pen. I am thinking of a few coats of CA finish on the PC after baking followed by decals and final finish with CA. Like to hear if anyone has done this. Thanks
Stephen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rizaydog

I have never made a pen from clay before. However, I have made lots of pens from some very unusual things. I would think it will be fine. After baking, it will be extremely hard. The CA will help to improve its fragility. Good luck with it.

ribanett

I have applied decals to PC with good results. Apply 4 or 5 coats of CA and polish to a hi-gloss before applying the decal. Any roughness of the base coat will show thru the decal.

If you are printing the decals on an inkjet or laser using clear decal film, remember that these printers cannot print the color white and any white space in your image will print clear, allowing the PC colors to show thru the decal.

Stephen

Thanks Larry and Ray,
I have done PC pens with Toni's floral canes with good results. I did some clear decals on white acrylic on a order as the decals had some white on them. My new order has no white but with gold, brown, black and pink lettering and clear background. The customer wants a light pink background. I want to able to vary the base pink shade to ensure the pink lettering on the decal is not lost. With acrylics that I get from vendors I have limited choice. I am thinking PC may allow me to play with a few shades until I get it right.
Stephen

Top Bottom