Decals on dark materials

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fibonacci

Has anyone had success putting decals on a dark material? I have a request for a red image on a black blank. When applied, it all but disappears in the background.

I assume this requires a printer with higher solids, but I don't know if that is readily available.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fibonacci

If it were simple enough to trim, I would just cut it out on my vinyl cutter. I am trying to do some more intricate things that require either a decal or a laser.

mick

I'm not familiar with the decal software required to print them but is it possible to print your image in white and then print over that image in a deep red?

Jim Burr

Banned
Expanding this a bit...I was asked to make a black Vertex and apply a decal provided by the customer. I bought some Testors decal paper, copied the customers decal on to new stock with the highest res and quality on an HP injet, sprayed it and applied it 24 hrs after spraying. The colors just didn't show up...yellows, red, blue, white and purple. This was done on clear decal stock. Would white stock work better? I have both. It's an easy process...but doesn't always seem to work the way I/we may want!

Papa mark

Being from the sign business in my previous life, I would suguest that the red have a white border if at allpossible. This will give the red a pop away from the black. My 2c worth.

Fibonacci

I'm not familiar with the decal software required to print them but is it possible to print your image in white and then print over that image in a deep red?

That works great if you have a printer fancy enough to be able to print white. I can't really justify that for an occasional project though.

AceMrFixIt

I have used white paper and background color in the shape of a circle and put the decal in the middle. The only software I use is Power Point.

wouldentu2?

As far as I have learned the ink-jet printers do not print "White", the white is actually the paper. Use the white backed decal paper and trim it to look nice.

G1Pens

You could print on white decal paper...but...put a background on the image that closely matches your blank. Then trim as close as you can, but you wouldnt habe to get as close and worry about leaving white. After cutting out the decal you may need to hit the cut edge with a black magic marker.

Top Bottom