Data entry volunteers needed! (Penventory)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

webmonk

Heya folks,

I've been working on some additions to the Penventory system that will allow us to better standardized and make faster our inventory entries (using the autofill system). It will also allow me to start writing the predictive/suggestive side of the system that will be able to suggest to you the pens you could make based on the equipment you already own (for instance, since you already have the 3/8" bit and these bushings, you're capable of making the following 8 pens).

In order to do that, I need the data to draw from entered into the system. You don't have to be a programmer to help, just someone who doesn't mind a lot of pointing and clicking, has a good eye for detail, and in some cases can actively search for info on the web.

If you're interested, shoot me an email to jon@centralridge.com and I'll get you started.

webmonk

Thanks to those who've been helping so far! I wanted to give you guys a peek at what kind of enhancements this information is going to allow so the next time you're in Penventory look for a link in the Reports called Suggestions (or find the link in the news bullets.)

Here's the overview:
"A sneak-peek at the suggestion system! If you click the Suggestions link under the reports section you'll be able to play around with a sample of a feature I'm very excited about. This is a step toward one of the major goals I had for this project - saving time and saving cash. In the past I've spent a lot of time trying to figure out which kits I could make without having to buy another drill bit or another set of bushings. Thanks to the mass of information this community has compiled we're now able to answer that question in a few seconds. Try it out!"

Again, thanks for all the help and keep the ideas coming!

Boomer

Jon
I know that I am really new to pen turning and the IAP but with the IAP is there a way for us as individuals to have our own website through the IAP? Or do you help people build their own. How does this all work? Thanks for your help.

toolcrazy

Penventory is a inventory tracking website and the penventory mall is a community store website. No, you don't get your own website. You will have to do this yourself. If you wan't help building a site, contact me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom