Darn you Charlie...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Cwalker935

I am in the dog house again. Charlie pointed me in the direction of some turners when I asked for some advice on a winged bowl. I googled them and checked out some of their work involving high speed turning. Some intriguing stuff. So my wife got called away today to deal with a family issue. She left me a honey so list before she left. I thought hey I'll do a rough turning of one of those neat turnings that Charlie pointed me to. So when the cats away this old mouse started to play and one bowl turned into 5 pieces. My wife came home to an unfinished list and was not pleased. You would Le think that she would know better than to leave me to my own devices.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Charlie_W

Did I hear my name mentioned?:confused::biggrin:

Oh My! I guess I am just going to have to send these things to your wife first and she can dole them out to you as a reward for completing your honey do list!

I hope the five pieces missed you. Remember to wear your Kevlar vest and riot gear helmet when doing high speed turning!....and do not stand in the line of fire.

Thanks for the good laugh.......Wifey and I are still chuckling!:rotfl:

Cwalker935

After some hard lessons, I now stand to the side when I start up the lathe. I once took a 4" diameter acrylic disk to the chest, chin and cheek before watching it continue across the room after starting at a high speed. I might be a more compliant husband if my wife could hurl a chunk of sharp edged acrylic like that, I can still dodge most of the stuff she throws at me. Gotta love a woman with a weak throwing arm.

These were smaller green pieces and I managed not to blow any of them up. A woman winged bowl and two elongated natural edge pieces were the trickiest.

oneleggimp

Grosse Pointe Park, Michigan 48230 United States o
I am in the dog house again. Charlie pointed me in the direction of some turners when I asked for some advice on a winged bowl. I googled them and checked out some of their work involving high speed turning. Some intriguing stuff. So my wife got called away today to deal with a family issue. She left me a honey so list before she left. I thought hey I'll do a rough turning of one of those neat turnings that Charlie pointed me to. So when the cats away this old mouse started to play and one bowl turned into 5 pieces. My wife came home to an unfinished list and was not pleased. You would Le think that she would know better than to leave me to my own devices.
"She Who MUST Be Obeyed" must be obeyed.

Charlie_W

After some hard lessons, I now stand to the side when I start up the lathe. I once took a 4" diameter acrylic disk to the chest, chin and cheek before watching it continue across the room after starting at a high speed. I might be a more compliant husband if my wife could hurl a chunk of sharp edged acrylic like that, I can still dodge most of the stuff she throws at me. Gotta love a woman with a weak throwing arm.

These were smaller green pieces and I managed not to blow any of them up. A woman winged bowl and two elongated natural edge pieces were the trickiest.

A "Woman Winged Bowl"???........you've got some explaining to do! :biggrin:

Cwalker935

A "Woman Winged Bowl"???........you've got some explaining to do! :biggrin:

Don't know how that "woman" got added in, my auto correct has been adding in random stuff lately. It was just a regular winged bowl. A woman winged bowl would be pretty tricky tho.

triw51

Did I hear my name mentioned?:confused::biggrin:

Oh My! I guess I am just going to have to send these things to your wife first and she can dole them out to you as a reward for completing your honey do list!

Thanks for the good laugh.......Wifey and I are still chuckling!:rotfl:

Charles remind me to never introduce you to my wife, rewards for doing the honey do list?????? Really you would give her to much control

Top Bottom