Dark Blue Lapis with Pyrite on a Baron

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dave_M

Dave_M

I wanted to try something new (for me) so I decided to make a Baron and customize the final & center band using the dark blue lapis tru-stone. It turned out to be easier that I thought it would be. I like how the dark blue lapis has a very subtle difference in the blue shading through out.

The pen turned out great and someday I hope to get my picture quality to match.

1_IMG_3581.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ToddMR

Nice job on the custom work on this one. I am still too chicken to try what you did lol. Some day soon perhaps. I hope when I do try it, it turns out looking as nice as yours did.

Dave_M

Dave that turned out very nice and color pops really nicely. Beautiful work. BTW what's the Lapis with Pyrite?

It's a piece of tru-stone from R an B Crafts. Pyrite refers the the vein of iron pyrite (ie fools gold) that is in the blue lapis. I'd say it's not as hard as the Black Matrix tru-stone I turned but it's still pretty tough stuff.

wizard

Absolutely beautiful pen. Lapis is my my favorite true Tru-Stone. You did a great job with the finial and center band. Really looks good with the pyrite complementing the hardware. Stand out piece of work !! Doc

Top Bottom