Dagnabit!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dalemcginnis

Local Chapter Leader
Just learned to always read the assembly instructions before turning the blanks. Just made my first Americana rollerball from CSUSA today. The turning instructions say to turn a tenon on the SHORT blank. The assembly instructions say the tenon is on the LONG blank[}:)]

I was able to assemble it so it works, but it's out of proportion and when you post the cap on the end cap to write there's a nice gap.:(:(

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

stevers

Dag-nab-what-huh?? Are we showing our age here Dale? Kidding bud.
Tough luck on your first Americana. Next one will be better.
It seems all I've had lately is disasters. Haven't taken a pen out of the shop I can use in weeks. Just a phase. Thats what I get for experimenting.

Rifleman1776

That is worth a polite gripe phone call to tech support at CS. Let them know their screwed up instructions resulted in a less than desired result. I like CS but they do make many misteaks like this.

redfishsc

Originally posted by Rifleman1776

That is worth a polite gripe phone call to tech support at CS. Let them know their screwed up instructions resulted in a less than desired result. I like CS but they do make many misteaks like this.

Yes, CSA is very, very used to taking care of people who were duped by their instruction booklets lil goofs.

And they are very, very used to people returning this particular pen when the rhodium corrodes and/or when the plastic snap mechanism breaks. This is such a nice pen to use and looks very nice, but I refuse to sell them because of the two reasons I just mentioned.

Get the snap mechanism swapped over to the magnetic type like the Zen, offer them in Ti gold and black ti, and you have a real WINNER. Alas, they offer no such animal.

dalemcginnis

Local Chapter Leader
As I discovered the problem after there C.S. had closed for the night I sent them an email but haven't heard from them yet. First chance I get some free time at home before they close I plan on calling them if they haven't responded to the email by then. I figure they owe me a kit and blank.

dalemcginnis

Local Chapter Leader
Well, finally got a chance to call their C.S. When the tech looked up the instructions they had already been corrected. They're also sending me a new kit and blank.:)

After I got off the phone I started reading me emails and there was one from CSUSA. They apologized for being late in responding to it and stated that the instructions had been corrected and offered to send replacements.[^]

I had heard of their good customer service but never had an issue before. Nice to see them come through.

Elliott

For the record, I had an international shipping issue (Canada) with them. They made good on my first call, and gave me no attitude at all. I no longer order bowl blanks from them, because shipping to Canada is too costly, but I think they are great and use them for my pen kits.

Mistakes happen, it is how they are fixed which impress me.

- E

wicook

Elliot, Was your shipping issue that they sent via UPS? A few years ago, I ordered from them and they shipped only via UPS, so I got nailed with the $35 UPS charge for brokerage fees. I haven't ordered from them since. Are they now offering USPS shipping as an option for us Canuks? ...actually, I should just go look on their website... [xx(]

Top Bottom