Cypress Knee Sierra

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from alamocdc

Status
Not open for further replies.

alamocdc

Got this wood from Frank. It really reminds me of Buckeye. Stabilized it w/polyurethane. Satin Nickel, w/CA finish.

20064241147_sierraSN_cypress_knee.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alamocdc

Thanks, everyone! No, Angela, I just had some short blanks that I wanted to use up, and I've been selling quite a few Sierras and needed to restock. I have some closed end Barons and Jrs in the works (waiting on finish), that should prove promising. [;)]

Dario

Billy,

I have to agree that wood looks almost like buckeye. Very nice figure on it too [:)].

You really nailed finishing! Very consistent on your recent posts.

Dario

Originally posted by Rifleman
<br />Why did I sell that wood? [:(]

LOL...I feel the same a lot of time Frank. You are not alone.

BUT most of the time I am glad I did because you guys do the wood justice [^]. I told a member once...it makes me feel like a dad, seing his kid graduate [8D].

mick

question (From Connie) I've got one of those cypress knee clocks that I picked up at a tag sale, just for the wood. Of course, its still hanging in the garage, waiting for Mike to get around to it LOL Its the kind with that poured on acrylic sealant-- ya'll know the kind? Anyway-- reckon it'd look like that inside? Or is it worth messing with?

GREAT looking pen!!!

alamocdc

Connie, IIRC that's what these blanks were from... at least they were from a wall hanging. Frank cut it up and decided that the wood was too soft, punky and dry to turn so he offered it up and I snatched it. [:D] You'll never know what it's gonna look like until you cut into it. This blank looked nothing like this when I started.

Why don't you just send it to me and I'll dispose of it properly. That way you won't have to wait on Mike to get around to it. [}:)][:p]

Rifleman1776

Originally posted by alamocdc
<br />
Originally posted by Rifleman
<br />Why did I sell that wood? [:(]
ROTFL! Because you didn't want to mess with stabilizing it, Frank. [;)]

Yer right all the way. Actually, I'm very pleased with the outcome. I made a wrong call and you made lemonade from a lemon. It really is beautiful. Can we say 'chatoyance' boys and girls? [:D]

Dario

Originally posted by alamocdc
<br />Connie, IIRC that's what these blanks were from... at least they were from a wall hanging. Frank cut it up and decided that the wood was too soft, punky and dry to turn so he offered it up and I snatched it. [:D] You'll never know what it's gonna look like until you cut into it. This blank looked nothing like this when I started.

Why don't you just send it to me and I'll dispose of it properly. That way you won't have to wait on Mike to get around to it. [}:)][:p]

Billy on the prawl again LOL. Careful Connie...this guy is a wood hound!!! [;)]

mick

well, I am not touching ANY statements regarding men and their wood-- but I think I'll make Mike work on THIS wood first! hahahah There's enough to share I"m sure-- the clock is about 18" in diameter, of course, wiht those sprawled out knees and all,cuts down on the outer surface a good bit.

He's been working his butt off for ME for a change-- so I'm sure he'll be anxious to get back into the shop this weekend---and I bet that clock won't be a clock anymore! hahahah

Thanks guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom