Walnut, maple and Red Oak
Size: 17 x 26

Attachments

• BOARD.jpg
    BOARD.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 359
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

IPD_Mr

Could someone please educate me. Why is it that you make something so beautiful only to let others marr it up with knives? I mean seriously if I had something like that it would set out on the counter and not get used. I would use those cheap plexi cutting boards before I ever muck that up. Very nice.

USNR'03

Could someone please educate me. Why is it that you make something so beautiful only to let others marr it up with knives? I mean seriously if I had something like that it would set out on the counter and not get used. I would use those cheap plexi cutting boards before I ever muck that up. Very nice.

Because we can? My wife das a few, and loves them all. If need be scratches can be removed.

butchf18a

CB's easy and fun

Purpleheart/maple 18"x24" 1 1/2 thick. Wife wanted large cutting board. Said, "I want it to fit here on the counter next to the sink"

Couple end-grain boards.

I'll make these as gifts. Recent board (not pictured) 20"x30" x 1 1/4" for wedding gift. Recipient says too beautiful to use. Told her, use it, if gets worn, bring it back to me, I'll sand it smooth again.

Others turn them in to table center piece decorations.

Son home for holidays asked if I'd help him make board for new girlfriend that likes to cook but only had old, thin warped board. Showed him how, using scrap wood, to joint, plane, cut, glue, sand, cut, reposition, food safe oil finish. Fun project to work with son on, and got rid of bunch of scraps too good to throw out and the girlfriend loved it.

Attachments

• DSCN2381.jpg
    DSCN2381.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 111
  • end-grain-wood-cutting-board.jpg
    end-grain-wood-cutting-board.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 102
  • endgrain_1.png
    endgrain_1.png
    47.2 KB · Views: 99

76winger

Because we can? My wife das a few, and loves them all. If need be scratches can be removed.

Creating these beautiful boards is a work of art and love for that art. Just like making beautiful pens are to many of us. But if what we made were simply put on display, never to be used, I doubt we'd sell so many. But just like with our pens, there's a market for those people that are willing to pay extra for a hand made item that demonstrates artisan-level craftsmanship. And they aren't aren't afraid to put that beautiful, quality piece of work to the use it was made for!

Whether it's pen, bowl, box, cutting board or something else. The greatest complement we can achieve is seeing the works we create put to use by those we sell (or give) our works of art to.

Top Bottom