Customer wanted a ................

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from rd_ab_penman

rd_ab_penman

30.06 Rifle Cartridge Pen that would take a Parker refill.
This is the first small caliber Rifle Cartridge Pen I have made that uses a Parker refill other than the 50 caliber pens I make.
Used a Cigar kit which cost more than the Slimline kit and a lot more work that the ones that use a cross refill.

Les

14ParkerTwistMechanismandRefill.jpg

15CompletedParkerRifleCartridgeBallPoint.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

seamus7227

Les, you should check out woodnwhimsies.com for those parts instead of buying the entire kit. You did a great job on it, thats how I make mine, you gotta that parker refill! It writes so much better than the cross IMO

Sent from my Epic using Forum Runner

sbell111

Nice job.

I make 'parker' cartridge pens using .308 brass and sierra mechanisms. The length of the .308 is a good match for the sierra's nib end and I simply thread the cartridge rather than use a tube. You can then just turn a simple closed end top (with an insert to drive the mechanism) and you're done.

Last edited:

rd_ab_penman

Nice job.

I make 'parker' cartridge pens using .308 brass and sierra mechanisms. The length of the .308 is a good match for the sierra's nib end and I simply thread the cartridge rather than use a tube. You can then just turn a simple closed end top (with an insert to drive the mechanism) and you're done.

What size hole do you drill in the casing head and with tap size are you using?

Les

sbell111

Nice job.

What size hole do you drill in the casing head and with tap size are you using?

Les

The tap is m8.5x1. I'm thinking that I've been drilling the casing at 19/64, but I'm not sure.

Top Bottom