Custom Yellow Bulb Filler

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Robert111

Robert111

A client really liked this polyester resin material. Lyle (Invisible Man) at Invisibleblanks.com. supplied the blanks. The finials are ebonite.

Ink capacity 2ml

Overall length 5.5"
Cap diameter 16mm
Barrel diameter 14.5mm

Cap/barrel threads 14 x .8 triple lead
Section/barrel threads 10 x .75
Cap/finial threads 7/16 x 20
Barrel/blind cap threads 10 x .75

Nib is a Heritance #6

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Custom Yellow-Black Bulb Filler 007 (Small).JPG
    Custom Yellow-Black Bulb Filler 007 (Small).JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 548
  • Custom Yellow-Black Bulb Filler 009 (Small).JPG
    Custom Yellow-Black Bulb Filler 009 (Small).JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 563
  • Custom Yellow-Black Bulb Filler 002 (Small) (2).JPG
    Custom Yellow-Black Bulb Filler 002 (Small) (2).JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 553
  • Custom Yellow-Black Bulb Filler 011 (Small).JPG
    Custom Yellow-Black Bulb Filler 011 (Small).JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 568
  • Custom Yellow-Black Bulb Filler 014 (Small) (2).jpg
    Custom Yellow-Black Bulb Filler 014 (Small) (2).jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 549
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ed McDonnell

Really nice pen. Your last picture gives me an invalid attachment message.

Was your decision to make the section from ebonite an artistic design choice or was there some other reason (e.g. not enough material, or material not suitable for section).

Ed

wiset1

Really enjoy the flow and shape of this pen. I've seen other fat versions from fellow turners that just turn me off, but this is very well done! Thanks for posting

Jgrden

Dumb question, but is it a single, double or triple start thread? Also, what delivery system for the ink did you use? I have seen those tubes from the inside of the barrel to the nib before but do not know what they are.

John

Robert111

Was your decision to make the section from ebonite an artistic design choice or was there some other reason (e.g. not enough material, or material not suitable for section).

Ed

Really enjoy the flow and shape of this pen. I've seen other fat versions from fellow turners that just turn me off, but this is very well done! Thanks for posting

Nice Robert - I like it ... Like it alot!

I just love black and yellow, reminds me of my old kit car!
I really like the lines (no pun intended) of this pen, and especially the flat cap finial.

Very cool pen!

Another nice one.
Roger

+1 it really looks good!

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

Wow really nice pen!

Dumb question, but is it a single, double or triple start thread? Also, what delivery system for the ink did you use? I have seen those tubes from the inside of the barrel to the nib before but do not know what they are.

John

Awesome pen.

Thanks to everyone for the supportive comments. I appreciate that very much.

Robert111

John

John,
The threads for the cap are triple lead, 14 x .8 to be specific.

The tube is cemented into the feed, which is modified for it. The other end of the tube is open inside the bulb. Squeeze the bulb and air is expelled through the feed. Release the bulb and ink is drawn up through the feed, up the tube, and into the bulb. It then trickles down into the reservoir. The feed is in contact with the reservoir, just as it is on a cartridge or converter pen, and capillary action causes ink to flow from the reservoir, through the feed, out under the nib, and to the point. See Dennis Cabell's (Soligen) tutorial on bulb fillers for more. See Richard Binder's website for a good discussion of feeds.

wizard

Robert, Another stunning pen...very contemporary looking..really like the color contrast and the section really ties it together..beautiful finish..precise!! Thanks so much for showing! Regards, Doc:)

Robert111

Ed

Sorry, Ed. Didn't mean to ignore your question. I used the ebonite for the contrast it gave me and because I like the feel for a section better than PR.

Robert111

Robert, Another stunning pen...very contemporary looking..really like the color contrast and the section really ties it together..beautiful finish..precise!! Thanks so much for showing! Regards, Doc:)

Thanks, Doc! I tried hard to make the pattern look uninterrupted. I learn from the Wizard!

Top Bottom