Custom Stainless

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Displaced Canadian

Still playing with the stainless thing. Having a lot of fun. This one uses a parker refill. I have also found that Mother's mag and aluminum polish works well to get a good shine. The blank is Alumilite colored with pigment from Tap plastics. Now I just need to find a way to make a good satin finish. Thanks for looking. All comments welcome.

Attachments

• Blue swirl.JPG
    Blue swirl.JPG
    213.9 KB · Views: 443
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

yort81

Absolutely beautiful!!! :) Where did you get the pen clip? That is the part i am having the most trouble sourcing.

Absolutely beautiful!!! :) Where did you get the pen clip? That is the part i am having the most trouble sourcing.

Finding clips is probably the most difficult parts of custom pens. I'm starting to think I should buy a milling machine instead of a metal lathe. That particular clip is from Exotics, Richard Greenwald also has some, and I see that Classic nib has a few as well.
There is also a few ways to use just about any clip and make it a hidden clip. I've done it once. Just not sure how secure it is down the road. What I do is get a clip that is about the size I'm looking for then design the pen around the size of the clip. Send me your address or if you work in Marysville let me know where and I'll give you one or two.

Bobostro61

Very nice. I've see several pens here that have a similar blank. I'm going to have to try and duplicate it. Good luck to me on that one!

Top Bottom