Custom Slimline castings

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Marko50

I'm researching as to whether or not there would be an interest in unique "Tube-on" Slimline castings with Chiyogami-Yuzen Silkscreened paper. This picture is a representation of what they can look like.

It seems to me that it's a great way to make a rather simplistic and dull kit more exciting and desirable, or at least a way to increase the profit margins of a inexpensive kit. I would offer them at a reasonable price. Would anyone be interested in them?

Any ideas or input?

Attachments

• DSC_1109.jpg
    DSC_1109.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 269
  • DSC_1110.jpg
    DSC_1110.jpg
    222 KB · Views: 211
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mmyshrall

Hi Mark,

I do see a market for them and would be interested in purchasing blanks using this technique.

Michael

bjbear76

I'd be willing to give them a try and see how well they sell. I agree that they could dress up a slimline or otherwise dull kit and make it appealing.

sbwertz

Totally off topic, Mark, but your atavar made me think of it. On the street this morning, I looked over and saw this little old man...80 at least, on a scooter with a big RC model airplane tied on the bike behind him, headed for our local RC airfield. Made me smile and remember my Dad who designed, built and flew them.

southernclay

All price dependent but would be interested. Beautiful pen, you do a great job on these blanks. Just not sure what I could get for a slim like that. (Not trying to open that can of worms haha)

ChrisN

Done properly, a slimline is an elegant pen.It's actually one of my favorite kits. This would add another option for them.

Marko50

Coming Soon!!

Thank you for the great feedback folks! I'll have some up for sale in the "Marketplace" shortly, hopefully within the week. I will try to offer a wide range of colors and design:)

Marko50

Totally off topic, Mark, but your atavar made me think of it. On the street this morning, I looked over and saw this little old man...80 at least, on a scooter with a big RC model airplane tied on the bike behind him, headed for our local RC airfield. Made me smile and remember my Dad who designed, built and flew them.

Your father definitely had a talent! I tried to do the same, once upon a time. I've had much better luck flying them from inside the cockpit rather than from outside the cockpit!:) You've got to be able to think bas-ackwards when you're doing it remotely and that never turned out so well for me!:rolleyes:

Top Bottom